In May we celebrate Labour day. On this day people don’t have to go to work, they celebrate their right to work by not working.
I don’t exactly know the background of the holiday, but I think it has something to do with a protest that happened in the USA in the 19th century. They were protesting against bad work conditions. They had to work all day, were paid very badly, had no insurance and they wanted to change that. They succeeded.
Values important in my life are honesty, love, friends and helping others.
Matey B., 2.ag
On May 1 we celebrate Labour Day. On that day everyone is at home and free of work.
This holiday is a memorial day to what happened in the USA, in Chicago where many people demonstrated and it ended badly.
For me personally the most important values are peace, loyalty, friendship and family. Family is the most important for me as it is hard to be on your own.
Peter V., 2.bg
In May we celebrate a holiday called Labour Day. I’m sorry to say this, but I don’t really know why it is celebrated. I think it has something to do with work and unity. I know for sure it’s a work-free holiday, so people don’t go to work and schools are closed as well.
I have noticed the slogan “Strength in unity!” which I agree with. Friends are most valuable in our lives, because real friends will always stand by us and help us. Unity is sometimes hard to imagine in today’s world, but it is much easier to reach the goal if people unite.
Mitja F., 2. ag